Welcome to Merri's Blog!

Thanks for being a reader and for sharing these posts with others!

Please leave comments.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

All We Have



Because our name is so familiar to us, we forget its value. When introducing ourselves, we skimp at our name's importance, sloughing it off as second-rate, or mumbling it as unimportant.

At the end of the day, our name is all we have. Either we live up to it or live it down.

We make the choice. And in the choosing, we manage our impact, the impact on how others perceive us, God's creatures.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mean the fact that this movie's scene portrays dead ppl as just no-name entities...never remembered as real human beings? I'm a little slow this morning...havent' had my morning coffee as yet.

    I think I'll quit while I'm behind. You'll explain it to me later if I'm wrong...won't you?
    thanks....zzzzzzzzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good, Kathryn. Yes, the movie does suggest the no-name idea, and the quote from the young boy (People are so stupid) suggests something about how we tend to introduce ourselves in ways of giving excuse, in not valuing self, etc. simply because that's often how we view ourselves.

    ReplyDelete