Welcome to Merri's Blog!

Thanks for being a reader and for sharing these posts with others!

Please leave comments.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Weak Get Going



Maybe it's because I used to teach and my day ended before 3pm. Or because I'm ADD. Or because my energy is low. When it gets to 3pm or so I also want to move on. To get going - away from the task at hand.

It's like when I'm on a treadmill. I get to a certain point when I'd like to just get off and end the routine. Yet persistence gives me a sense of pride, especially when my body is now acclimated to adjusting and then giving just a bit more stretch. And it feels good.

I guess I get too antsy for my own good. If I've not moved around, I need to stand, stretch, and then go back to the task at hand. As I develop discipline in seeing a task through, I appreciate my stamina. And that leads to confidence in my ability to accomplish things that require endurance. I like that. I develop my capacity to give, to think, to stretch, and new horizons lay out before me that motivate me to make further progress.

When the going gets tough, it's the weak that get going. They're the ones who move on. Who have little to show for their efforts at day's end. They're the ones who complain at the end of the month. Yes, that's often been me. But today, I'm persisting. I'm staying motivated, because tonight I deserve to celebrate - not just crash. Crashing is for those who give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment