Welcome to Merri's Blog!

Thanks for being a reader and for sharing these posts with others!

Please leave comments.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Believe


I believe there are people who like to hear themselves talk, and people who would rather they wouldn't.

I believe people are important. Moreso than tasks.

I believe leaders are folks who inspire us.

I believe we make decisions from our gut rather than from our head.

The majority of the human race falls short - and we know this. Which makes us pay more attention to ourselves than those around us. We watch ourselves too closely, get confused by what steps we need to take, talk ourselves out of things we really want to do/need to do/really can do, for the sake of the voice in our head which has so often held us back.

There are more introverts than extroverts in our world, and I believe this means we get in our own way.

We avoid conflict, we try to please, we aim to stay safe and at the end of the day we have lost who we are, what we stand for and what we believe.

This is what I believe.

In addition, I believe we have the capacity to change. Regardless of how we have felt about ourselves, our attitude can shift.

The moment we recognize that we are not unique in our faults, that we follow behavior patterns others follow, that we stand in our own way just as others stand in their own way - at that moment we begin to become alert to opportunity.

It is opportunity that leads to hope. This is what I believe.

I believe that hope is the substance of questions we take a risk in asking.

Hope is the potential of putting 2 or more minds together - for there we discover ourselves in the midst of them.

I believe that an introvert can gain confidence. That an extrovert can ask for forgiveness and that truth comes in the dawning of each of these events.

When we begin - not when we master, but when we begin - to speak in confidence, whether out of humility, enthusiasm or curiousity, I believe we begin to live our purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment