Welcome to Merri's Blog!

Thanks for being a reader and for sharing these posts with others!

Please leave comments.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yes, you can gain visibility

As an introverted business professional, I am challenged by the need to be seen. Maybe not by everyone everywhere, yet I need to be seen by those I am most able to help - attorneys. I need to be visible where attorneys are.

Although people who know me question whether I am an introvert, I know the difficulty involved with getting out of my head and into conversation. I may conduct myself well socially, yet I am constantly pushing myself to demonstrate my introvert assets - deep thinking, clear understanding of my expertise and meaningful value. These assets, though valuable, mean nothing unless I am a visible sign of them. Can you relate?


I have worked hard at getting past the obstacle of holding myself back in my business network. Realizing the importance of regular discipline, I have created a system for actively getting "out there", tracking my frequency and reflecting on the results.

What I have come to realize is, value only exists in the eyes of the beholder. So it is critical to be seen. To be an experience others have vs. a copy of written explanation. Being seen creates relationship and allows us to become a memory. Although I may be in the fog for most businesses, for the legal profession in Columbus I am gaining visibility.

I have also realized we introverts can gain visibility our own way. We can manage our energy level, create meaningful experiences and have structure in our face-to-face business-building efforts.

Yes, you can be an introvert and still gain visibility, allowing your business community to experience your value. It's Your Business to Speak - (a presentation, a seminar, and/or a coaching focus) is the motivation that offers you and other introverts immediate visibility.

When do you want to be seen? Let me know, so I can help you gain visibility while you enjoy your introversion.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this Merri. and this holding ourselves back is not limited to introverts. so thanks for adding value to all of us who need to get out there and build our business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about this being all of our issue, Jim. What do you do to push yourself into visibility?

    ReplyDelete