Welcome to Merri's Blog!

Thanks for being a reader and for sharing these posts with others!

Please leave comments.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Pull it Forward

On Fridays I enjoy having no appointments, especially as it helps me recall the mission of my work. See post titled Remember the Why. It's important for us entrepreneurs and introverts to recall our mission regularly and then pull it forward into our week.




On Mondays I ease into my week, with only an appointment or two, allowing Tuesday through Thursday to be my busy days. Instead of having appointments, on Mondays I often work on upcoming presentations, make my scheduling contacts and do necessary research. For this I need motivation for my tasks.

On Mondays I need only do a few things to pull my mission into the week:
Recall the why from Friday's focus
Address my scheduled tasks

With the why, I now have a commitment to my efforts. My work is bigger than me. It isn't driven by a personal agenda. Instead, it's driven by the experiences and responses of so many clients. This is the stuff of dreams. This motivation lets Monday's tasks have true meaning.

Addressing my tasks is now an obligation, not something simply on my personal calendar that can be changed. This commitment helps me stay focused on the desires of clients and prospects who want the same feeling and experiences others I have partnered with already gained. 

Sure, this can make me sound like a braggart, yet because I am a business owner and service provider I must see my value or I will slough off my commitments. Can you relate?

Mondays I pull forward the focus, the commitment and the energy to make things happen that enhance others' lives. How rewarding is that?

What is your Monday routine like?

No comments:

Post a Comment