Welcome to Merri's Blog!

Thanks for being a reader and for sharing these posts with others!

Please leave comments.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Reflections from my research


I go with my gut when selecting books to read, so the one I'm now reading didn't come as a surprise. In selecting it, I assumed much of the content would contribute to my coaching effectiveness. While reading Tarek Saab's book, Gut Check, a book about Saab's transformative years as a young adult, I began reflecting on what I want to be known for:

I want to be present to those around me.
Currently, this happens sometimes. When I am enjoying, learning from, and engaged in someone's company, this is effortless. Otherwise, I must manage my desire to control where the conversation is going. When I focus on seeing myself in the eyes of others, this gets easier.

I want to be respectful of individuals. There is spirit and purpose which seeks to be identified within each of us. Unfortunately, the world distracts our focus from this in ourselves, motivating us to be distracted in seeing this in others.

I want to be accessible to those who need me and to those I need. Although I am an introvert, by contrast, I need others. And I know people need me. It's my goal to get out there in ways for accessibility to work.

If you would, reflect on what you want to be known for. Then, please, share.

No comments:

Post a Comment